Sunday, June 01, 2008

Working in the gardens


Can it really be that long since I added a new blog? I have been busy as usual working in the studio and also in the gardens at RHS Harlow Carr. The weather was very mixed, just as it was last year, one day sun next day rain and the temperatures went up and down like a yoyo. The begining of the week we saw dust storms as the wind blew eddies of dust from the car park. Taking refuge in the summer house we watched as the winds whipped through the garden. It was so nice to work alongside my friend Jane Redfern with whom I shared a studio on a farm until having my latest timber one built. Jane and I have exhibited together for the past 10 years and her watercolours compliment my acrylic work. I shall show you some of her work soon on my blog. Here is one of my acrylic florals painted in the garden.

No comments: